Friday, November 17, 2006

All Quiet

Now that everyone has forgotten my blog (except for Nicholas), I will begin to write again. My shoes climp clomp across the old stage, dust angels levitate in the solitary light.
"Hello?"
All quiet.
A tentative: "At first I was afraid, I was petrified ..."
No muffled twitters.
"I felt I could never live without you, by my side ..." (Continue full-fledged singing of 70s liberation anthem, complete with dancing!) I think blogging's like the difference of singing in your car and getting out, and singing on the sidewalk in front of your house. A neighbor might be listening, but he's more likely to be watching The Office or Dr. Phil. But still, there's that 1% chance that someone, somewhere, is paying attention.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if one percent of all people on the internet are paying attention, that's still a significant number.

To whom are you writing?

P.S. That's Mr. Nicholas, thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Blogging depends on your intention. But then the same could be said of the human being. As a representation of us it has the same existential need: purpose.

Do you create to get attention or get attention because you create?

(or perhaps create in service of some larger devotion)

Anonymous said...

Not everyone has forgotten you, Saar! I still check at least every other day for more blog entries from you. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Also, it could be that you should slay and utterly lay waste to the dogs who no longer read your words. Perhaps they are vile and the way needs cleansing (or, alternately, you could slay and/or lay waste to Dr. Phil).

Tangeline said...

Thanks, my faithfuls. :)