Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Blood and havoc!

I'm going to write a book now, after years of just thinking about it. I will finish Oct. 1, 2008.

(I know only Jason, Cindy and Emily will ever read this -- a shout-out to my peeps! -- but a "public" announcement still feels enboldenig. :)

I'm going to stop trying to tame all the ravens of unresting thought, blacking the sky of my mind, and just get down to some other thought-business. I'm going to have to take my eyes off a raven pepper-small above me, because my eyes alone can't call him to my window, and I have nothing to tempt him but an empty hand.

My story's not going to be anything overtly practical. Nothing about South Carolina ghosts or saving the planet, but I'm in love with a monster that's come to mind (and it's habitat!) so it is my own personal quest to write it. Or die! Blood and havoc!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war!

(I volunteer to proof; comment number one: in paragraph four of your announcement, you've erroneously placed an apostrophe in its. I believe you meant to say and its habitat not and [it is] habitat.)

Anonymous said...

Good job, go for it Sara! You have so much talent inside, glad you have decided to do this!

Tangeline said...

Or, Mr. Nicholas, maybe it IS a habitat!

Thanks, Josh. :)

Tangeline said...

Oh! Sorry, Josh also apparently reads my blog once in a while, too. Shout-out to my peeps!