Monday, October 15, 2007

Hey! Uh-Oh! Let's go!

I retract the blog, a few posts ago, concerning improv. Because that is just not the spirit. (And this is not the spirit, either, but after this I will stop apologizing and explaining for good. I really will.)
These hippie guys in the coffee house the other night were telling me all about their band, asked my name, etc. I went back to our kitchen hippie and said, "Why would hippie guys flirt with me?" He said, "Well, you seem like a nice, laid-back hippie girl." Really? "Well, I never really thought of myself as a hippie."
He said, "Well, what do you want to be? A punk?" with the hippiest tone of tolerance and acceptance.
Maybe! Aside from the tendency to punch things and to pierce with pins, there's something pleasantly up-front about punk.
"This is what I am. And if you don't like it (expletive)." How refreshing!
I'm just going to have a good time. And if anyone doesn't like it, they know what they can do.

3 comments:

Emily said...

HEy Saar!
I'm not sure you fit in any of tose categories! You're yourself and thats cool, to me!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a kitchen or floor punk you could speak with for advice? (I didn't know punks were still about; I thought they had all segued into Goths or further on into Emo.)

Best wishes on finding yourself in the alternative sampling of society you belong.

Tangeline said...

We do have a Kitchen Punk! (Who introduced me to Dragonforce and From Autumn to Ashes.)
But fear not, all. I do not aspire to become either hippie or punk, proper, just a little more brave. :)