Thursday, May 18, 2006

Monsters with Beaks

Do art-people and blogs mix? I'm tempted (dangerously) to prance about in my emotional knickers here (a tendency for most art-types?) I hope this morning session before the crackling fire (gas logs at the Atlanta Bread Company) will be just a nice, "Something I learned."

Big emotion! Passion! Conviction! I think it can werewolf us (me), in a moment, into a monster. The good news: I have something to say! And if I feel strongly, maybe I can present it compellingly. The bad news: monsters are scary.
So ... is it war? (Proverbs: Don't learn the Angry Way.) Ironically, The Art of War is about efficiency (simplicity), effectiveness (doing it well), not about ... racing around willy-willy, battle hatchet waving.
Is it frustration? Maybe. I want to say what I mean! Clearly (from my mind) and compellingly (from my heart). I'd like to -be- more true (and less afraid of what you'll think).
Is it impatience? With myself, with others ... but God says: live it, then say it and mean it. -He- changes hearts. He is changing my heart.
Outside: patience. Kindness. Inside: the Monster.
So ... I want God to leach away the frustration, impatience and/or war. I want the "monster's" beak to hold an olive branch. (I Googled "monsters with beaks" and found only pterodactyls, giant squid and griffins, so I'm going with the latter. Though I think moths have tiny beaks, so maybe Moth-Ra would have a giant beak and also qualify.)
Couldn't Big Emotion! Passion! Conviction! Be ... majestic?
Alice (in Wonderland) was quite cool with her hulking griffin. "What fun!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I the only reader here...



who considers the Tales of Tangeline (?)



in this one post



to have ascended from genius



into the rarefied airs

of the sublime?


BTW There are other monsters with beaks
(
http://www.personal.psu.edu/eah201/the%20beak.jpg
)

Tangeline said...

"Beaker" is a monster with beaks? Maybe it should be Bunsen. :)

Anonymous said...

Say what you have to say, dear Miss. Tangeline; say what you have to say.

Anonymous said...

Beaker...what a guy. There's a little bit of him in all of us. (Perhaps more in some than in others...uh...)

Anonymous said...

You are probably one of the elite few; of course, there are only a few of us to begin with.